Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Playing Hide And Seek

NONG nong ago..

Oppps! Please pardon me, I obviously have some problems with my pronunciation.

Please don't forget that I am still a baby huh!

Actually it's not that LONNGGG.

Just about twenty-seven days ago, on the first of June 2006, I was just having an amusing time with Daddy. As Daddy was away from work, we happened to play hide-and-seek in his/Mommy/my room!

How do we play hide-and-seek in such a small room? There is no where to hide.

Oh well.. it all started when I was standing in front of the bed while Daddy was resting on it. He must have seen that I was neglected for such a long time so he decided to accompany me with a game.

He placed a bolster at the end of the bed to block my view at the place where I was standing. For no apparent reasons, I immediately lost my sight with Daddy. The bolster was somehow tall enough to cover my front view.

As short as I am and as a little dwarf, I was seen pondering with stars on top of me. Daddy suddenly popped into my view, and disappeared in a flash before I could catch hold of him.

I soon realized Daddy was hiding on the bed behind the bolster. But in order to gain a clearer perspective, I know I have to move out from that newly constructed blockage.

(Daddy's note: Vera still do not know how to push the bolster away - not intelligent enough? Or simply naive?)

I reached the open space where I saw Daddy tried to camouflage himself as a big pillow with some other pillows on him. I walked nearer to him, he quickly rolled over to the other end of the bed and disappeared!

Where has he gone to?

I know.

He had came down from the bed and hid beside it. I quickly ran over to catch him up.

(Daddy's note: In fact Daddy has deliberately stopped at the side of the bed for you to catch me.)

I caught him finally and we burst into laughter.

"Is this hide and seek?" I thought.

I then ran away from Daddy and redeployed right in front of the bed. At the same time, Daddy has positioned himself on the bed.

This time, when Daddy advanced to the bolster, I squatted down.

(Daddy's note: Isn't that amazing? A baby knows how to coordinate with her own motions; running here and there, hiding here and there, and squatting in front of the blockage!)

When Daddy climbed over the bolster. I stared at him with a happy smile.

Daddy then ran and hid himself again.

I started to move to the left hand side of the bed.

(Daddy's note: Daddy saw you walking towards the correct direction through the view beneath the bed.)

Then I heard some noise. Daddy had quickly assumed to another position towards right.

I moved over to see him. But this time, Daddy just appeared and tried to scare me out!

"No no, Daddy" I thought. "Don't scare me in this manner."

I quickly ran away from him and hid myself in front of the bed by squatting again.

Sometimes when Daddy came close to me when I squatted down, I would stay at the same place and look down to the floor. Such act, which is very similar to the act of an ostrich is just a difference on my head and feet above the ground!

(Daddy's note: I wonder if Vera would still play such a childlike hide and seek game when she grow older)

No comments: