Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Testimonial Letter for Professor Shichida

Daddy wrote a letter reporting about my progress to the Shichida School earlier this year. Here it goes...

.

.

.

Vera started playing Flash Cards when she was one year old. It was programmed in this way for her to learn cards everyday. She has since cultivated to sit still and focus well on the cards at high speed. This builds up strong foundation for her to continue experience the learning of Shichida’s Method.

Vera shows keen interest in Linking Memory too. Although I did not specifically train her during induction period, she did pretty well in class. But when she turns to two and a half years old, I see the need for her to receive dedicated training on Linking Memory. I used the same way the teacher trained her in class. Soon afterwards, I received results. She could remember and position most cards in the correct order. Linking memory also teaches her to know more things from the memory card.

She can also remember the Famous People ranging from card 1 to 30. However, I find she looses interest from card 31 to 70; particularly the names of these people are long. Furthermore my pronunciation to those names may not be consistent. My perception may be wrong. I still flash those Famous People to her because I’m sure Vera will eventually pick up those long names.

I’m also equally surprised to realize she could differentiate and recite the countries she learned from the Atlas Cards. There was one incident the TV announced news about a bad earthquake. She shouted “Japan” when the TV flashed the map. Indeed it was the earthquake from Japan!

She loves the songs from the Shichida’s CD. She could even sing those foreign songs. She loves and indulges deeply to all the songs from the Shichida Theatres in class.

I’m also glad that Vera still shows keen interest in completing the Shichida’s Printsheet. It not only trains her mind, the undertaking process also makes her understand and obey instruction. She could demonstrate effectively to the printsheet after hearing my commands.

Vera is outgoing and playful. She’s close to Mom although I’m the one who actually gives her training on Shichida Method. Mom tells stories at night. Very often those stories are treated as Image Play. Vera has good imagination.

Vera obviously has her weaknesses. She doesn’t like Dot Cards and Addition. She used to do well in ESP between one to two years old but soon lost that capability, perhaps due to improper and lack of training at home. The learning objectives for this term ironically target all her weaknesses. My goal is to fulfill those objectives to turn her weaknesses to strength. Perseverance to maintaining training activities at home should pick the right key to direction. As a Shichida Parent, I realized I have to be consistent and cannot stop that momentum of practicing with her as she tends to forget things after months of break.

Grandma and many people feel Vera has performed exceptionally well in language. She can speak both English and Mandarin relatively well. She’s intelligent and can also understand and distinguish behaviors and intents of actors in a drama appropriately. She surely has that charm to win over the peers or even adults to see her in the limelight whenever she performs.

There’s a lot more for Vera to learn to uncover her innate abilities. Vera will continue to practice and cultivate the belief of Professor Shichida to reach that line.

I hope also she can start writing dairy soon. That is our next level of communication.

March 16, 2008

Parents of Vera Ang

No comments: