It was early that morning. Mommy needed to run an errand to meet Ah-tai in JB. Ah-tai was seemingly very ill and lack Mommy's attentive care and companion.
Mommy explained to me she would not return home to put me on bed. She wanted me to be good and obedient. I understood and nodded my head to acknowledge her.
Daddy returned home early that evening. Knowing Mommy was not at home, he asked if I have seen her. I articulated with my right palm to say - No.
Soon after dinner, Daddy went out for a gathering and I was left alone with Grandma.
.
.
.
Later in the evening, Mommy sent a few calls to Daddy to inform him about the decent state of Ah-tai. Unfortunately, Daddy's phone was on silent mode. These calls were either missed or directed to the voice mail. While Mommy was looking badly for Daddy, I was waiting patiently for Da-da to return home. Da-da, don't you know we were all looking for you?
The time was then 10:15pm. Mommy gave a last call to Daddy before she retired to bed. But, Daddy was still away. When he returned her call afterwards, she had already switched off her phone to sleep.
The time soon ticked to 11:00pm. I was standing at the gate waiting for Daddy. My Daddy was not back yet? No sight of him still?
.
.
.
Suddenly, Daddy's phone rang. AH! It was Grandma who acted as the operator to contact Da-da on my behalf. Da-da told me he was on his way home.
A while later.. despite the phone line was connected, I saw Da-da talking to me over his phone at the gate. I stared at Da-da, and I stared at Grandma's phone. I then continued the conversation with Daddy through the phone. Da-da has returned home finally! He saw me lying on the sofa talking to him.
Daddy asked again if I have seen Mommy? I did the same thing. I articulated with my right palm to say - No.
I learned and know a lot that night.
I know Mommy will not return home that day.
I know Mommy needs to take care of Ah-tai.
I know Mommy will be extremely restless after taking care of Ah-tai.
I wish Ah-tai a good night sleep.
I wish Mommy a good night sleep.
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
!-end>



No comments:
Post a Comment