Second day of my sick leave, this time, Daddy thought me how to read the time from the clock.
Daddy. Could you look at the short hand? That's the hour hand.
Daddy. Could you see where the short hand is pointing to?
Vera. 10.
Daddy. That's right, 10.
Just read it with "o'clock" and you'll know the time is now 10 o'clock (with the long hand pointing to 12).
I understood Daddy. He continued to train me by changing the short hand to have it pointed to another number - 1 to 12.
Vera. 1 o'clock, 2 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 4 o'clock, 5 o'clock, 6 o'clock, 7 o'clock, 8 o'clock, 9 o'clock, 10 o'clock, 11 o'clock, 12 o'clock.
But when the clock showed 1:50, the short hand actually pointed close to 2. I couldn't really distinguish the time between 1 and 2 yet. But he simply mentioned the time is close to 2 o'clock.
Vera. Daddy, could you let the long hand points to 10?
Daddy. That's the minute hand.
Daddy showed me the card with the minute hand pointing to 10. But well, I guess he will only train me when I'm ready for the minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
!-end>



No comments:
Post a Comment