Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Clocks Around Me

While learning many other words that I'm still unable to articulate, I love babbling words like:

* Clock
* Xiexie (Thank-you)
* Uncle
* Car
* Bread
* Book
* Bird
* Shirt
* Sock
* Opps
* O
* Haaa
* Mummy
* MaMa (Mummy)
* MumMum (Eat)
* Dada
* BaBa
* YeYe (Grandpa)
* Ahhh
* MaiMai (Grandma)
* WoWo (02/07/06)
* MeowMeow (02/07/06)

Among these words, clock is my favourite object. Whenever I discover a clock around me, like in the case of the picture of a clock in an advertising ad at NTUC, I would look and say it loud - CLOCK! However I could still not distinguish the difference between a clock and a watch. I also regard a compass and a weighing machine as a clock, simply the fact as it has a pair of running hand at its surface.


Look at the clock in my house! It's half past nine now. Mommy is trying hard to put me on bed after brushing my teeth at about nine.


Look at the clock in this book! Daddy teaches me the time of a day with this clock in the book.

.
.
.

Time really fly fast. How fast time has really gone by since I was born on earth; from nobody to somebody. I am growing fast everyday. I can now see the world with my eyes. Would you believe that I was then trying to open my eyes wide to see the world in the arms of my Daddy and Mommy?

* Time flies
Across my eyes
Nothing left behind
When I squint at that sight
The brightness kept beside

.
.
.

The last time Daddy and Mommy heard the word cok was at a swimming pool (02/07/06). I kept looking at the clock and saying cok while struggling with the float on the water. It wasn't clear anyway it was fun talking in the water!

"Yes, Darling. We know there are two clocks in the swimming pool."

No comments: