I was near the gate that night when a voice came to my ears.
"Darling!"
Ah it's Daddy! I quicky turned my head to the top of the wall and observed the clock. The time written on it was fifteen minutes past ten.
I have not seen Daddy for the past two nights. What time would Daddy usually reach home if he stays out late?
Mommy would normally have already put me on bed by ten. But not tonight. I had this chance to catch hold of Daddy since she had a bad diarrhoea.
.
.
.
Daddy could not believe his sight when I watched at the clock. He simply gazed at me.
I am just a baby. I am just a year and a month old. How could a baby with just a year and a month old look at the clock at this age?
"Why not, Daddy?"
"Can't you remember that you had bought me a book that has a clock on it?"
"How did you train me?"
"There are two hands on the book. Isn't it? The longer hand indicates the hour and the other, which is a little shorter is for the minute."
"YESSH, my darling."
.
.
"You had also formulated a learning process for me to learn about the time on the clock every day!"
"It's eight o'clock."
"It's eight c'clock."
"Good Morning! Time to wake up!"
"It's eight o'clock. Good Morning! Time to wake up!"
"That is what I would hear from you in the morning."
"You would adjust the time on the book to eight indicating that the time is as early as eight in the morning."
"YESSH, my darling."
.
.
"It's six o'clock."
"It's six o'clock."
"Good evening. Time for dinner."
"It's six o'clock. Good evening. Time for dinner."
"That is what I would hear from you in the evening."
"You would adjust the time on the book to six indicating that I am ready for dinner."
"This is also the time I know the birds are all singing happily on their way home."
"YESSH, my darling."
.
.
"It's ten o'clock."
"It's ten o'clock."
"Good night. Time to sleep."
"It's ten o'clock. Good night. Time to sleep."
"That is what I would hear from you if you are home early. If not, Mommy would take up the role as the broadcaster."
"Ten o'clock?"
"But I have not have enough fun, Daddy".
"Could I have a time of my own?" :p
Friday, April 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
!-end>



No comments:
Post a Comment